There may be no event in all of corporate management that is more stressful or intrusive than dealing with an unclaimed property audit. JMS is vastly experienced in dealing with the states conducting these audits.
Regardless of where your company is in the process, we are there to help.
We develop an appropriate and aggressive audit defense strategy from beginning to receipt of the closing letter. Our audit defense approach includes adherence to a 180-point work plan. Here is a plan overview:
- Provide guidance regarding the conduct of the audit
- Assist in compiling & full review of all records requested
- Consultation regarding unclaimed property subject to the audit
- Maintain productive working relationships and an effective communication protocol with the auditor
- Reduce audit exposures by the identification and proposal of mitigation strategies
- Review and respond to any state/auditor correspondence